A highly-accomplished, forward-thinking and commercially-aware COO from the fitness industry with a proven track record of progression, delivering profitable growth and effective decision-making. The COO will be responsible for providing strategic expertise for the Company (“Vidafit”) by working with the executive management team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies. Key Functional Responsibilities:
- Provide management expertise to ensure that the mission and core values of the Company are put into practice.
- Collaborate with the Chairman and the executive management team in technical, tactical and strategic business goals.
- Ensure that the business goals and objectives of the Company are met.
- Drive the Company to achieve sales, profitability, cash flow targets and play a key role in refining and implementing the strategic plans while ensuring that the budget, staff and priorities are aligned with Vidafit’s core purpose and values.
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to the team, and ensure the continued transformation and management of a professional and efficient organization.
Collaboration, Communications, Relationship Building and Employee Management:
- Collaborate with the executive management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of the company.
- Ensure open communication about the measurement of financial and performance standards against stated milestones and goals.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications, from online presence to external relations with the goal of maintaining the Vidafit brand and value proposition.
- Ensure that the use of IT is optimised in its delivery of objectives and is integrated into business model to ensure high quality personalized customer service to clients.
- In consultation with the executive management, motivate and lead a high-performance Vidafit team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Manage Vidafit gym employees and be responsible for – interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Overseeing performance of gym coordinators on their performance, targets, strategy whenever appropriate and ensure the provision of an effective staffing of resources.
Supervising and Strengthening Infrastructure and Operations and Ensuring Quality Control:
- Ensure the delivery of high quality services while managing future growth and sustainability.
- Create and promote a positive work environment that supports consistency throughout the organization’s strategy, operational methods, and data collection needs.
- Oversee the operational procedures and status of the Company including developing long and short range plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place.
- Develop and implement required procedures and policies to continuously improve operational efficiency in overall operations of the gym business and these procedures / policies / manuals shall not only be restricted to operations, equipment maintenance and safeguarding, risk management and internal controls, etc.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the management.
Education, Experience and Preferences:
- · Relevant years of related experience and education / training. The level of compensation shall be based on the combination of the level of education / training and work experience of the candidate .
- · Qualified or possesses requisite experience in HR frameworks, financial management, marketing and operations.
- · Financial reporting capabilities including budgeting and cash flow management.
- · Strong general IT infrastructure knowledge.
- · Strong human capital management knowledge.
Qualities and Competencies:
- Possess a strong customer service focus.
- Ability to take complete ownership of the gym operations.
- Ability to communicate well with all stakeholders in the value chain.
- Able to see the big picture and plan out details.
- Strategic thinker.
- Goal-oriented, result driven.
- Designs efficient systems and seeks productivity.