• Advise the Work Groups Project Manager of resource and capability requirement to fulfil the
requirements of the Health and Safety Plan implementation.
• To lead the project team to create a Safe Culture and awareness through innovative ideas.
• Develop the Work Group Site Health and Safety Procedures in alignment with the Project Site Health and Safety Plan.
• Monitor and report the Work Group Health and Safety performance.
• Ensure effective Health and Safety reporting, monitoring and audit processes.
• Be visibly seen to provide leadership on all Health and Safety matters on the work site.
• Participate in the Construction pre-start meetings
• Attend the Health and Safety Construction kick-off Meetings.
• Formulate and implement “Best in Class” Health and Safety practices.
• Lead the awareness and education of Critical Risks within the Work Groups.
• Implement and Monitor the Construction Safety Risk Register.
• Prepare Health and Safety reports to Work Group Project Manager and the OPM HSE Manager.
• Mentor and provide advice to Line Management staff.
• Monitor the Health and Safety meetings and tool-box talk’s etc.
• Lead the Incident Investigation and Reporting of all Lost Time Incidents.
• Implement Communication and training on Health and Safety management.
• Visit the site during the construction activities on a regular basis and as required.
• Escalate Health and Safety related issues as required.
• Participate to the periodical Health and Safety Management Review.
• Compile monthly statistics for reporting and recording purposes
Minimum 7-10 years of Safety Manager experience in mega construction projects.
NEBOSH is a must